During dinner my husband noticed a smell. It didn't take long to place the smell; it smelled like something electrical was burning. We searched the house high and low but it was strongest at every vent.
Turning off the heater, we called a technician. Unfortunately the motor had burned up and the heater could not be fixed last night. Luckily we have several space heaters and a fireplace. We let the fireplace keep us warm until bedtime then placed the space heaters as best we could to keep the house warm and snuggled into bed.
It was not a good night's sleep with the space heater kicking on and off all night long but at east we stayed fairly warm. First thing this morning we kicked the fireplace back on and started our morning as usual as we wait for another technician.
I'm so grateful to have been home when the motor started to burn up. I'm grateful that despite the cold weather we were able to stay fairly warm inside. I'm grateful for space heaters! I'm grateful for the heat of the fireplace and to know a technician is coming. I'm grateful for the technician that came out late last night to try to help. I'm grateful for service professionals that know how to fix furnaces.
What is your favorite thing to do on a cold day? What is your favorite way to stay warm?
May today keep us all safe and warm. May we find the bright spot in every situation. Have a beautiful day!